- Mongolian country-side and Southern Siberia looks a lot like Lapland with all that snow lying around
- Russian customs have a sniffer dog. Mongolian customs have hang-around dogs.
- I was told Genghis-Khan is to make a great comeback in 2013-2014. Just after 2012, how apt.
- Mongols use cyrillic. Apart from the same letters, there is nothing in common with Russian. I guess this is how europeans feel when encounter another unfamiliar to them Latin based language.
- Within an hour of arriving to Ulan Bator, I met three Finnish guys from Turku, who are going to Gobi next week. Looks like I am going to join them.
One thought on “First Mongolia impressions”
Mongolian hang-around dogs sounds brilliant 🙂